Sponsored by Statesman Capitol 10,000
As January comes to a close, the Trail of Lights has partnered with the Statesman Capitol 10,000 to gather 10 ways to Keep Austin Active and those New Year’s Resolutions going strong in 2018. The great thing about living in Austin is that staying active doesn’t always have to mean a diehard diet or a daunting workout plan. Whether your 10K training needs some variety or you’re just looking for some fun ways to stay active with friends, take a look at the list below to find our 10 favorite ways to have fun as we prepare for the Cap10k on April 8th and the year ahead.
10. Balance Your Body & Mind. Further (or start) your yoga practice with Yoga in the Garden at Umlauf Sculpture Garden, every Wednesday! Show off your best downward dog in the middle of the most serene sculpture gallery in Austin. Photo courtesy of Umlauf Sculpture
7. Row, Row, Row Your Boat. Get out on the water with the Texas Rowing Center for a full body workout like you’ve never experienced before! Try a 6-lesson beginner course – it’s easier to learn than you think. Photo courtesy of Texas Rowing Center
5. Boot Scoot. Get your feet moving while partaking in good times and dancing at the Broken Spoke - a great place to take the family for an original Austin experience! Photo courtesy of the Broken Spoke
2. Hit The Pavement. Prep for the Cap 10k with a new pair of running kicks from new running store, Loop Running Supply Co. A shoe store created for runners, by runners — you’re sure to find the right fit here. Photo courtesy of Loop Running Supply Co.
1. Fresh Air. Take a more natural approach and get outside. Run or walk the Hike & Bike Trail, hike to the top of Mount Bonnell or head up to the 360 Bridge Overlook. Photo courtesy of Tripadvisor
Above all, don’t forget to register for the 41st Cap10k on April 8, 2018 at Cap10K.com. We’ll see you there in all our fave running gear!