The holidays are synonymous with a time for gift-giving and delicious indulgences!
With the help of sponsors like Gold’s Gym, the Trail of Lights has become the perfect place to stay fit during the holiday season! Did you know, when you walk the Trail of Lights you’ve walked at least 1.2 miles? The Gold’s Gym mile markers and Ticker at the Trail helps us track the over one million miles walked each year by attendees at the Austin Trail of Lights, making this beloved local event the perfect place to get your steps in!
Here are some other fun ways to stay healthy during your visit to the Trail of Lights.
- Bursts of adrenaline are said lower the appetite and increase the Basal Metabolic Rate to ultimately burn calories. Get a little adrenaline rush by riding on our infamous Ferris wheel or Carousel.
- While we boast some of Austin’s best food trucks, there’s always an opportunity to make healthy choices! Check out our food list here and visit their menus to plan ahead before you head to the Trail.
- Race (safely) from photo-op to photo-op throughout the event. Start at the Royal Entry Gate and be sure to stop by the Texas Globe, Groovy Grove, Santa’s House, the UPS Sled near our hospitality area and more!
- Stay youthful and fun by playing a game of “I Spy” throughout the Trail of Lights with your friends and family.
- Each time you walk through a tunnel at the Trail of Lights, do a couple quick moves to increase your heart rate. Recommended: lunges or bunny hops!
Once the Trail of Lights and the holiday season comes to a close, visit your nearest Gold’s Gym to get a transformative health and fitness experience with their new 3D body scanning, digital coaching app, AMP, and large group training options! Their exclusive new classes, group workout options are reinventing fitness to get you ready for our annual Fun Run next December!