Two Texas Destinations to Put on the Calendar for the Holidays
September 13, 2018
Article by: Houstonia
The 54th annual Austin Trail of Lights, powered by H-E-B, takes over Zilker Park with 2 million lights, 65+ displays, 30 food trucks, three stages of live music and numerous interactive experiences throughout the park. Want a first look? New attractions include a 13-foot illuminated carriage, 12 seven-foot lighted guitars commemorating Austin’s musical roots and a 25-foot spiral holiday tree.
The Trail of Lights is on display from 7 to 10 p.m. every evening after the December 10 launch—seven of these 14 nights are free to the public, and kids under 12 always get in free. For general admission, ZIP Fast Pass, VIP Platinum, parking and shuttle pass purchases head to austintrailoflights.org. As for this year’s special nights, they include:
- The Annual Zilker Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony: November 25
- The Annual Trail of Lights Fun Run: a 2.1-mile run, December 1
- The Fifth Annual STARS at the Trail program: for nonprofit organizations to tour the lights privately, December 2-4
- Night Lights, the Fifth Annual Preview Party: December 8
- Austin Trail of Lights Grand Opening: December 10
- Heroes Night: honoring first responders, December 11
View full article here.