The Trail of Lights is back in Zilker Park for its 59th year this December! The Trail of Lights Foundation invites the community to help present the Trail to the City of Austin. From answering questions to assisting with holiday activities, you can help set the tone of this special holiday experience. Opportunities to get involved are available December 1 through December 23.
In exchange for your support, Trail of Lights provides:
- 2 ZIP passes for the night of your choice after your shift is complete. ZIP offers expedited entry and access to ZIP hospitality areas.
- Snacks on the night you volunteer.
- Trail of Lights hat to wear during your shift and beyond!
Volunteer shifts are now open. Come join the holiday fun!
STEP ONE: Create a volunteer profile here.
STEP TWO: Once you’ve created a profile (or logged into an existing profile), you can sign up for a night (or few) by viewing the “Opportunities Calendar” in the “Opportunities” tab.
STEP THREE: Check your email and confirm your shift(s).
The Trail of Lights Foundation depends on volunteers to help present this holiday tradition to the Austin Community. Please spread the word and join us in Zilker Park.
Looking for a holiday team building opportunity? Claim a night for your group to volunteer at the Trail! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Failure to comply with volunteer policies on shift will result in being placed on the naughty list and dismissal from the program.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age as of December 1, 2023 or accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Trail of Lights Foundation provides no monetary compensation for volunteer roles.
- Volunteers must reside in the Austin-Area.
- Volunteers must come prepared for the outdoor, winter elements. Texas weather can be unpredictable, so check the weather forecast and dress accordingly. We also encourage you to bring a flashlight.
- Failure to perform as expected will affect future placement in the program. Expected behaviors include:
- Checking in 15 minutes prior to shift start time
- Fulfilling tasks throughout the duration of your shift (typical shifts are 4:45 pm - 10:15 pm)
- Maintaining positive attitude and respect for all guests, staff, volunteers, and performers.
- Smoking, drinking and intoxication on shift are strictly prohibited.
- No shows will be removed from future shifts. You will have an opportunity to decline shifts in advance.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN SUPPORTING THE 59TH YEAR OF THIS COMMUNITY TRADITION!